Monday, April 7, 2008

Running around in circles

Sometimes I get off on strange political tangents and think about things that simply have no bearing on world events, but amuse me tremendously. I got to thinking about George and his future lack of employment.

Seriously what is he going to do after he leaves the White House 5 times richer than he went in? McDonalds is out; he can’t master the combos. Wal-Mart Greeter? That would be a real joy to behold, with 2 Secret Service men behind him. Motivational Speaker? Oh please, the man can barely get through a press conference without putting people to sleep. I really shouldn’t pick on poor Bush, he’s a lame duck and there is no possible way he is leaving office as anything but the worst president in history. That’s right George, you’re number 1, enjoy it while it lasts! On a humorous note here is a video of a kid impersonating Bush and it is hysterical. The kid nailed it!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BWdiHtv6T6s


Enough about Bush, what is this rumor that Condi might be McCain’s running mate? Are the Repulifluffs CRAZY? What next? Rush Limbaugh as Secretary of State? Condi as the number 2 is just too scary to contemplate. This is the woman that thought the war in Iraq was a good idea. McCain and Rice? Say it isn’t so! Come on McCain, these people treated you like crap. They lied about you, demeaned your record and did everything but sacrifice babies* in order to bump you in the last primaries. Don’t align yourself with the enemy: you’re better than they are!

* I assume no babies were sacrificed, but I actually have no proof it didn't happen.

This election year is going to create several watershed moments. We’ve got our first serious black presidential contender. (I know Jesse Jackson ran, but he was never a serious contender) We’ve got our first serious female presidential contender. And we’ve got the poor Republican guy that got so trashed by his own party the last time that the village idiot from Texas got nominated again. He has yet to choose a VP, but the rumors in that direction make me want to run screaming for the hills.

I’ll admit it; I’m undecided and unenthusiastic. I just can’t get amped up about any of them. I like some points about all of them, and I hate some points about all of them. Because of the last 8 years I have a deep distrust of the Republican Party. They just don’t do anything based on good common sense. They spend so much time harping on “moral” issues that they neglect human issues. I DON’T care if there are homosexuals. There have been homosexuals since the beginning of time, just like there have been lying politicians. My attitude on both is unless they are harming animals or children then ignore them. Since there are more children and animals harmed by the stupid actions of politicians than by homosexuals I'd say people need to focus on what is important and let people worry about their own morals. And for the record, I'm not homosexual. I've never had a homosexual encounter, never even considered having one. I don't get the hatred against people that just want to be left alone to enjoy life. Get a grip already people!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The video is funny as hell! I laughed my ass off.
George probably won't work after he leaves office. Who would hire him, except maybe oil rich countries that want another war started do they can keep those prices high!

I'm still undecided. I"m a registered republican, but Hillary is looking pretty good