Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The showdown in Pennsylvania

So Hillary took PA. Is anyone surprised? I’m not. PA has a lot of blue collar and rural people. They just aren’t ready to buy into the elitist rhetoric that Obama throws out. I love an educated person as much as anyone, but I also know that there is educated knowing, and educated acting. Educated acting is a turn off. Being educated is like being rich, you only show as much as you need to get the point across, you don’t shove it in people’s faces to make them feel bad.

I often theorize that this is the reason Bush got elected. Everyone knew they were smarter than his dumb ass and it made them feel better about themselves to be smarter than the President of the United States. Of course later they realized that if they were truly smarter than Bush they wouldn’t have put him in charge. I imagine they reconsider their voting choices every time they pay $4.00 a gallon for gas. (I also think there should be a special “gas tax” for every person that voted for Bush. They should have to pay a dollar extra a gallon for getting us in this mess.)

Now Obama is being questioned about his comments regarding McCain.
He said that McCain would be an improvement over Bush. People are taking this as an insult to Democrats. Come on, cut the man some slack! He spoke nothing but the truth. McCain WOULD be an improvement over Bush. Fricking Tinky Winky would be an improvement over Bush, especially if he wore his purse.

McCain has made some serious gaffs lately too. He’s the heir presumptive of the Republifluff throne, but that doesn’t mean they won’t try to sneak someone in at the last minute and try to over throw him. McCain tells us the Ohio steel jobs aren’t coming back. Really? Here’s a hint for you Mr. McCain; the textile, furniture, plastics, high tech and automotive jobs aren’t coming back either. Have you spent any time in the eastern part of this country? Factories sit empty, towns are almost deserted. When I have a problem with a product I end up speaking to someone that I can barely understand, that doesn’t really give a shit whether my problem is solved or not. I’ll give them credit for even learning to speak English, because I sure as hell can’t speak their language. However, I’m not trying to fix a problem they are having with a product in India, Pakistan or Japan.

At what point are all the candidates going to quit picking at each other and start giving us solutions. We know the war is just a hopeless bitch to deal with. No one is going to come out a shining hero. And no matter who is in the White house the discontent about the war was sowed long before this election year.

I’ve had a few people email me and ask where I came up with the term Republifluff. Think about it. Right now the Republicans are all fluff and no action. They bitch about stuff that has no relevant bearing on our daily lives, such as homosexuality or other “moral” issues, and then do nothing about things that can mean the difference between making the house payment and foreclosure.Rush Limbaugh is the biggest “fluffer” of them all. Seriously, I’d put more credence in the writings of a truckstop bathroom graffiti poet than I do anything Rush says. So far the Republifluffs are not impressing me with their bravado about the war, and their lies about price gouging oil companies being innocent of wrong doing. Who are you tryin’ to kid? We know it was a set up from the second Bush took office.

No comments: