Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Is it really only April?

I wish Jeb Bush were running. I mean seriously, what is America going to do without a Bush in the White House? Don’t the dynastic implications just make chills run up and down your spine?

APRIL FOOLS!

There is no way in hell that Jeb ever needs to be in the White House. People that suggest it need to go live in Antarctica where the freezing temperatures will have NO effect on their already non-firing synapses.

So why am I mentioning Jeb, the other Bush brother, today? First of all, no one mentions Neil anymore. I guess that little S and L scandal has just ruined his political career. Jeb is still in the running though, and this scares me. I have actually heard it mentioned that he would be a contender against McCain. The thought keeps me up at night.

McCain is an okay guy. He’s got his baggage, but he also has a spine. Sometimes I think he has too much spine. I also don’t think he’s willing to ride the “moral” issues train to the White house. McCain doesn’t need to worry about moral issues when gas is $4.00 a gallon. I don’t think anyone is really concerned about who is having sex with whom (unless you’re the New York governor and you're doing the nasty bump with a prostitute) while the cost of driving to work is half your paycheck.

And speaking of fuel prices: Oil Executives are saying that record fuel prices are NOT their fault. WHAT? That’s like Bush saying the war in Iraq isn’t his fault. Come on guys, surely you don’t think that we buy this crap? Let me guess, the little price fixing fairies came in the night and raised the price per gallon all over the world. That’s about as believable as those weapons of mass destruction. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080401/ap_on_go_co/congress_oil
Kudos to Rep. Edward Markey for calling these price gouging bastards on the carpet.
And to those of you that voted for Bush: You should have to pay double for gas. It’s your fault the SOB got in office and is making a profit off the rest of us. Your name should go on a national list and you would have to show ID to buy gas. As far as the democratic race is going, I had to laugh at Clinton’s offer for a bowl off to decide the democratic primary. As much as I hate bowling it’s actually not a bad idea. I have always held that the people that get us into wars and contests need to step their butts up and get us right back out. I’d pay good money to see Bush trying to beat someone at chess, or even tic tac toe. Of course at that point we’d all be speaking Chinese.

No comments: